martedì 28 aprile 2015

Mtbo World Ranking Event - Wiener Neustadt 25-26/04

Finally I kicked off the mtbo season this year althought my finger injury  is not fully recovered. 
Actually I can ride everywhere but I can't be really  aggressive in the xc sessions so it is very difficult  to get the "high level flow"

Saturday it was a sprint event. The race was held in a demolished military area.  My navigation was quite good, only some time lost due to bad route choices. I started in the first group, and the grass was high so the terrain was really slow for me.
Funny and tricky paths

Ended 10th 5.22 min behind the winner Niemi Pekka (team orifix)
Full results
MAP LAP 1
MAP LAP 2
 
Sunday was the time for the long distance. It remembered me the WOC 2011 long distance atmosphere, the terrain was really similar, totally flat with a lot of "out of track" controls. In one of those I lost 3min, the rest of the race was quite stable for me.

The control where I lost 3min, note that the centre of the circle is on the intersections, instead the control was placed hidden inside the hole

Today the victory went to Kevin Haselberger (team orifix) and I ended  13th 6.22 min behind
Full results
MAP LAP 1
MAP LAP 2

It has been a very tough week end for me, on friday I climbed the north face of Konigspitze then 10 hours of minibus, 2 races, and then other 10 hours of driving. Now it is time to recover a bit at home before the first world cup round in Hungary next week. Actually my expectections are not so high but it is important to be there in order to get the shape for the next months.


Nessun commento: